Noise greatly increases stress, contributes to serious health problems, and disrupts neighborhoods. Unfortunately, many can no longer count on civility, neighborliness, values, or simple decency from noise-makers.—Shannon Brown
Pennsylvanian's Associated for Noise Pollution Abatement (PANPA) helps Pennsylvania residents to address noise problems in communities. PANPA.org focuses on
- raising awareness of noise pollution (the sometimes forgotten pollution),
- providing education on the startling adverse health effects tied to noise (which need not be "loud",
- delivering community education programs on noise mitigation,
- advocating for those affected by noise pollution, and
- developing sound, public policy to mitigate noise pollution.
The website includes articles, resources, and action items.
Concerned with Noise Pollution in Pennsylvania? Join us.